LATEST NEWS - WELCOME TO NIKON SCHOOL ONLINE – THE OFFICIAL HUB FOR NIKON PHOTOGRPAHY
Nikon School working in partnership with the Centre of Aviation Photography, with aerial workshop provided by Aero Legends. We are proud to introduce the Nikon School Historic Warbirds Experience, a three-day event incorporating two of the world’s most iconic Warbirds – the Supermarine Spitfire and Hawker Hurricane – complete with a masterclass in the art of aviation photography and unparalleled behind the scenes access to a major airshow.
The Centre of Aviation Photography (COAP) is an organisation that operates a year-round programme of events to take aviation photography to new heights. Nikon School is working with COAP and Aero Legends to tailor unique aviation photography workshops for photography enthusiasts throughout 2018. The Workshop starts at the Mercure Great Danes, Maidstone, on Friday 11th May (with two nights accommodation) and offers instruction in the overall art of aviation photography by experts from Nikon School and pro shooter & COAP founder Rich Cooper.
The next day, Saturday 12th May, is all about the action, with an exciting Workshop on air-to-air photography and more, delivered by Nikon school experts and professional aviation photographer and warbird expert Darren Harbar, whose vast portfolio has been published in the likes of Flypast and Aeroplane Monthly. The Workshop will enable you to capture breathtaking images of the Supermarine Spitfire and Hawker Hurricane together during a 30min air-to-air photo flight over the skies of Kent onboard Aero Legends’ de Havilland Devon.
The Nikon School Historic Warbirds Experience includes a static photoshoot with the Hurricane and Spitfire incorporating a period setting and reenactment ahead of an awe-inspiring evening airshow. Guests have also been granted ‘Access All Areas’ air-side Photography Passes by Aero Legends for the airshow, before enjoying a second night at Great Danes. The images captured during the day will then be part of an image review seminar the next day in the Great Danes function room.
All the while, a range of Nikon cameras and equipment will be on hand for you to experiment, try out and enjoy alongside the expert knowledge of Nikon School tutors.
An outstanding programme of pure aviation, photography and history combined.
Friday 11th May
1800hrs: Meet & Welcome in the bar at the Mercure Great Danes, Maidstone
1830hrs: Intro, plus meal at the hotel restaurant (a la carte)
2000hrs: Workshop: The Art of Aviation Photography by Rich Cooper, in the Great Danes function room
2230hrs: Close, retire for evening drinks Q&A
0830hrs: Breakfast at Great Danes
1015hrs: Depart Great Danes
1100hrs: Arrive at Aero Legends, Headcorn Aerodrome
1115hrs: Welcome & Introduction
1130hrs: Air-to-Air School with Aero Legends/Darren Harbar
1300hrs: Air-to-Air Briefing, with pilots in attendance
1300hrs: Flight 1 (timing may vary due to weather)
1430hrs: Flight 2 (timing may vary due to weather)
1530hrs: Course ends
1545hrs: Static shoot with warbirds and WW2 pilot re-enactor
1700hrs: Evening event briefing
1800hrs: Evening airshow display begins
1900hrs: Final evening flying display & sunset photography and social evening
Sunday 13th May
0830hrs: Breakfast at Great Danes
1000hrs: Coffee served in the Great Danes function room & Image Review Seminar, looking at processing techniques and results from the previous day
There are just 16 places available for the Nikon Historic Warbird Experience, at £1499 per person, including…
• Workshop 1: ‘The Art of Aviation Photography’, by Rich Cooper/COAP
• Workshop 2: ‘Air-to-Air School’, by Aero Legends/Darren Harbar
• Air-to-Air photography flight with Spitfire & Hurricane over Kent
• ‘Access All Areas’ VIP Photo Passes for operational flightline photography during the evening airshow
• Static sunset/night photography with period re-enactor
• Workshop 3: Image review seminar delivered by the team
• Two nights accommodation at Great Danes, Maidstone
• Breakfast each morning
• Use of a selection of Nikon camera and lenses throughout the weekend
Payment and cancellations:
· You can either pay in full directly through the website or you can call Nikon School on 03301230934 to make a non-refundable £500 deposit.
· If you decide to pay a deposit first, full payment is needed 2 months prior to the start date of the course.
· If the workshop is cancelled individual travel arrangements will not be refunded, you should claim from your travel insurance
· Prices are payable in UK pounds
( 00:00 - 00:00 )
TRAINER: RICH COOPER
Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel, Hollingbourne , Maidstone , ME17 1RE, UK