These cookies are necessary for basic site functionalities and are therefore set when you visit our websites. These cookies remember your preferences as you use our websites. They are also used to distribute the load on our servers, which keeps the site available, and for security purposes.
The purposes of functional cookies include:
• Recognising your settings for a next visit;
• Used to connect multiple requests made in a single session;
• Remembering your preferences, such as product filter, compare tools, language, location and the desired number of search results to be displayed are stored;
• The items you add to your online shopping list during online shopping are remembered and stored;
• Providing a notification for an unfinished order, so that you do not lose your shopping list;
• You can safely shop on the Nikon websites;
• The websites and the apps are evenly loaded, so that they remain functional and accessible;
• To detect abuse of or potential problems on our websites, apps and services, for example by registering a number of consecutive failed log-in attempts.
For the use of functional cookies, which are for the basic working of the websites and have no or only limited consequences for your privacy, you do not have to consent.
The cookies are used to collect information about the way in which visitors use Nikon’s websites, including information about the pages most visited and the number of error messages displayed. We collect statistics from the users of our websites with analytic cookies. These cookies help Nikon to improve its websites.
We use Google Analytics to generate aggregated statistics about visits to our websites. In this context, we have entered into a processor agreement with Google. The data obtained through Google Analytics is shared with other Google services.
The following data are stored by means of cookies in the analysis system:
• The IP address;
• Technical features such as the browser you use (such as Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox) and the resolution of your computer screen;
• From which page you have come to the Nikon website;
• When and how long you visit or use the Nikon websites;
• Whether you use the functionalities of the websites. For example, making a shopping list, placing an online order or viewing your previous purchases;
• Which pages you visit on our websites;
• Your interaction with the products offered by Nikon and promotions that are shown to you;
• Your searches, including their results and the steps you have taken within an ordering process;
• Your transactions (with consent);
• Your use of Nikon services over various devices (with consent);
• Unique identifiers, such as the unique visitor ID assigned to your device when you visit our websites, hashed transaction ID and hashed member ID.
We use this information for:
• To track the number of visitors on our web pages;
• To measure the duration that each visitor spends on our web pages;
• To determine the order in which a visitor visits the various pages of our websites;
• To assess which parts of our sites and apps need adjustment;
• To use the collected data for other Google services (only after consent).
These cookies are typically placed on Nikon’s websites by marketing partners, advertising networks and social media platforms. These third parties act as intermediaries to bring our content to you, such as messages, offers, social media and advertisements. These third parties also collect data via our websites using cookies. The processing of this data is subject to their privacy policies.
The purposes of marketing cookies include:
• Connect to social media, so you will be able to connect to and share content from our websites through social media;
• Collect information to help better tailor marketing to your interests, both within and outside our websites;
• Limit the number of times our advertisements are displayed;
• To reach out to our visitors by providing relevant, personalised content through different types of media, such as email, social media and banner advertisements based on your actions on our websites;
• Measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
If you would like to revoke consent, you can adjust your browser settings to delete our or third party cookies. You can also adjust your browser settings to prevent websites from setting cookies or third party cookies altogether. If you prevent us from setting specific cookies, you may find that some functions are not available or that certain parts of the website will not load. Find out how to adjust the settings for:
• Internet Explorer
You will find more information on how Nikon handles your privacy in our Privacy Notice.
Nikon UK Ltd.
Nikon House, 380 Richmond Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT2 5PR, UK
This notice was last updated on 25/07/2018.